...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Friday, January 16, 2015

Cocoa & Conversation Relief Society Activity

For January, we wanted to keep it simple and we just decided to have a get together.
And we decided that the get together was going to be a hot chocolate party.
I mean, after I found these printables at {Upcycled Treasures} it was a must in my mind, cause Baby, it IS cold outside, and everyone wants hot chocolate when it's cold. 
And when I found this quote from Eliza R. Snow, it made me feel even better.  What makes you feel better than warm chocolate along with warm conversation?  Nothing.  The answer is nothing.
So, we got a lovely sister in our ward to host the party at her lovely, inviting house, and brought in all the fixins for a real party!  And this one was A LOT of fun to put together! 
I found these awesome little wooden scoopers and drizzlers on Amazon and prime got them to me right on time. We used the scoopers for most of the toppings, but to make the fudge and caramel sauces easy to apply, I actually put them on electric candle warmers to keep them warm and stuck a honey drizzler in them.  It was perfect.
The jars all came from the dollar store...and they were the perfect size!
I found the stir sticks in the craft section at Walmart, and glued snowflake buttons to the top...and I LOVE how they turned out!
I found these little labels on {Upcycled Treasures} as well, and because I loved them so much, they kind of dictated what we served as toppings, but the list was pretty extensive and I couldn't think of anything else I'd want anyway!  We had white chocolate chips, tiny marshmallows, crushed peppermint, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, cinnamon sticks, carmel sauce, and chocolate fudge sauce.  And of course whipped cream to top it off!
A little red and white bakers twine was just the thing to hold these labels in place.  I loved the way it all looked!  I brought in my snowballs, my snowmen, and my mini trees to round out the display, as well as some apothecary jars filled with pinecones and berries. 
My favorite purchase for this party is a toss up between the scoopers and these awesome cups, which I also found on Amazon.  I just loved them so so SO much better than foamy cups.  And they came with that awesome cardboard sleeve!  Then, these labels made them just theeee cutest!  I think everyone else appreciated them as well.  Plus, they had lids so sisters could take some for the road.  
Because one serving of all this just wasn't enough!  Gotta do at least two different versions of toppings, right? 
If anyone came to this party cold, they definitely left feeling warmed up. :)
I used {this hot chocolate crock pot recipe} which I found on Pinterest and everyone liked it, plus it was easy to make, serve, and keep warm in the crock pot. 
 We all just had a grand time visiting with each other.  Sometimes it's nice to just get together without a program!  
We are all sisters, after all.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful and heartwarming post. :)

Carmen Nish said...

Such a clever idea. It looked absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Christiansen Clan said...

Hi! I am doing a hot cocoa bar for our RS activity this week! Any chance you have the template or printable for that Elize snow quote? my email is brianandamy@gmail.com if by chance I can get it! Thanks

thestanleyfam said...

I would love to know also where you got the Eliza Snow quote. Love this idea

thestanleyfam said...

I would love to know where you found the quote. My email is suestanley5@yahoo.com love this idea.

Stones River 1st Seminary said...

Beautiful table! I am planning a coca bar for our February RS activity. Could you tell me where I could find the printable for the Eliza Snow quote? It is perfect and I love the white script on the black. My e-mail is nrstarcher@gmail.com Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!

Deanne Brown said...

Hello, I love the hot chocolate bar idea. Any chance i can get the template or printable for the Eliza Snow quote? my email is mrs.dbrown@gmail.com. Thanks for sharing!!

Jill McDonald said...

I, too, would love to find the printable from Eliza R. Snow. Could you please email me at jill.mcdonald2@gmail.com? It's perfect for an upcoming R. S. activity.

Thanks so much!

Angie said...

I am also interested in the quote by Eliza R. Snow. Any chance I can have a download or buy it?? My email is angelinaocean@gmail.com thanks!

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Love the quotes! Where did you find your Eliza R. Snow printable? My email is emilyabush@gmail.com if you happen to have the link! Thanks!

Ashley Christensen said...

Also wondering about sister Snows quote? This is such a great idea! If you have the template from sister snow i would love it suttashl@isu.edu

Miss Cris said...

I would love if you could email this Sister Snow quote to me too! We are using your idea for our Relief Society activity. My email address is cristamdavis@yahoo.com

The Belnaps said...

I'm right in there with everyone else. I would really like to get the Eliza R. Snow quote if it's available. My email is ebelnap@gmail.com We are actually doing the
'Cocoa & Conversation' for our RS this tuesday evening and all of these ideas are perfect.

KathyJ said...

Thank you for sharing all the great ideas.
I am also interested in the Eliza R Snow quote if it is available.
1Luckyhome@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails