...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Baby Girl's Nursery

I've been a little busy of late.  Renovate a house - check.  Move in - check.  Have a baby - check.  Decorate a girly nursery - check.
This is the first room that we feel is totally finished in our house.  Here is a before shot:
Could not WAIT to ditch those blinds, tear down that wallpaper, and cover up that mauvy pink paint!

We started with the wall color.  I knew I wanted gray, and we went with Silver Chain by Benjamin Moore.  It's a perfect gray.  Just gray.  Not blue, not green, not purple, not tan.  Just gray.  And we love it!
It is one of my favorite colors we've used so far.  I may repaint my Master Bedroom this color, I love it so much.  It makes the room look and feel so calm and pretty, and I love the way it plays with the pink.  Gray makes pink more soothing.

Next came the curtains.  Good old Walmart had these from Better Homes and Gardens and I love them too.  I love that they're not baby curtains.  But, they still look great with all her baby things. 
 We already had the furniture from our two boys.  My husband actually built - yes built that changing table for me.  Isn't he the greatest!!?  
And the bedding is Wendy Bellissimo Sweet Baby Dreams, with a bumper I found at Babies R Us.  I wanted to go with pink, but especially after drooling over all the bedding at Restoration Hardware Baby & Child, I wanted there to be tan mixed in.  I think the tans and greys really tone down the craziness pink can give a room. 
So, I was really excited to find this bedding on the cheaper side on Amazon. :) 
Above the crib are some shelves filled with little nic nacs I found mostly at Michael's.  I fell in LOVE with this little crown!  Princesses all need little crowns in their bedrooms!  And the pedastle from Hobby Lobby was perfect for it! 
I love the tiny little flowers I found to accessorize the shelves, too. 
At the head of the crib, I hung a mobil that I made using styrofoam balls, ribbon, fabric, and an embroidery hoop. 
I saw the idea on Pinterest and about died!! 
I mean, so cute.  I'm in love with the way it turned out. 
And I think it adds the perfect touch to the head of my princess's bed. 
Love this pillow from the bedding collection. 
The shelf is of course filled with baby essentials like diapers, creams, and clothes.  But there are a few nic nacs on it as well. 
My favorite piece is probably the little children figurine.  It was my Mom's.  The basket is filled with burp clothes, and the canister holds binkis. 
I really love this little display shelf. 
Found the cute little cherry blossom canisters at Michael's, and they hold the hair accessories that don't match the room. :)  Perfect!   
These blankets were a gift and I'm completely in love with them.  There will be newborn photos taken with them shortly. 
The ducky and block box were re-used from my boy's nursery decorations. 
These headband holders I found on Amazon.  I LOVE them.  They are white leather and really sturdy.  I found the candlesticks they're sitting on at Marshalls, and I think it just gives them a prettier perch.  The headbands were all given to me at my baby shower.  This is what we did instead of play games. 
I saw these headband holders on Pinterest, and through the links I found out that you can get a kit to make them at a baby shower from {LB Boutique}.  I LOVE the idea, and I LOVE that my host did it for my at my shower.  She's the best! 
Last but not least, a little pretty clock sits above the door, so I know how long thost night time feedings last. :)  It was a photo clock, but I just covered the holes with paper to match the room.

Ta-Da!  I love it.  Girls are so much fun.

3 comments:

Macsen said...


Looks lovely. I love that you've now got a little girl in the home :-) Can't wait to meet her!

Jessie said...

I didn't know you kept a blog! What a perfectly cute room. I love all the little pedestal details. Congratulations on your baby GIRL!

Ginnie said...

Ooooo! It all looks perfect. Such a lucky little girl to have such a beautiful nursery!

Related Posts with Thumbnails