...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, January 28, 2013

Tissue Rosette Heart

Do you remember a while ago, that tutorial from {The Idea Room} about how to make rose kissing balls?
I was in love with it then, and I'm still in love with it now.  I totally tried it myself and fell in love with the way they turned out!
This year, they inspired me to do something else.
Move over rosette kissing ball!
I decided my little shelf needed a little something extra.  I already had this $1 frame.  Painted it white, glued this cute pink paper I already had to the back of it, and started making a bunch of tissue paper rosettes.
It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to make a heart shape using roses.  They don't really stay put, so you kinda have to hot glue as you go, which is a little scary.  But, after squishing a few of them into the shape I wanted and filling it in with some itty bitty rosettes, I got the look I wanted. 
Happy Valentine's Day little rose heart.  You make me smile every time I see you.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Super adorable!! I tried these rosette balls a couple years ago...I got halfway done with one and never finished... They take forever!!! They sure are cute though!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails