...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Friday, November 16, 2012

Cardigan Refashion

So I got this cardigan at Target a while ago, but when I bought it it was just a plain cardigan in a beautiful mustard yellow color.

I wanted a little bit more than that, so I bought it in a size too big.

I took it in by sewing a seam from the end of the sleeves, all the way up through the armpit and back down to the bottom at the waist.

I cut off the extra from the new seam and pinned it to the front in a crazy pattern that does not match on either side.
 
I didn't do anything to the extra fabric except twist it and turn it until I liked the way it looks.  It got that bubbled look just by being a knit. And then I stitched it all on with a sewing machine.  If you look at the inside, it just looks like a bunch of crazy stitch lines, going in every different direction, making a big mess.

And I'm in love with the result!!

A pretty little cardigan for a way better deal than if I'd tried to buy one already embellished!

So, I'm definitely doing this again.

3 comments:

Mandy Jean said...

That is so cute! Great idea!

Take Care,
Mandy Jean
www.mandyjeanchic.com

Christina said...

I love this!!! If you don't mind me asking, how did you attach the design to the front?

Brittany said...

Christina, I updated the post to be a bit more specific, but all I did was sew them on with a sewing machine. It was super easy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails