...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Letter A Week

I'm going to be starting {Weekly Alphabet Letters} the first week in July, so I'll be sharing everything we have planned for the different letters before each week.  Partly to keep me organized, partly to put it out there in case anyone else wants to join me.

Planned for A Week:

A set of alphabet magnets that I found at {ToysRUs} for $6.
We have a square fridge magnet that I'm going to have him modgepodge alphabet paper onto.  This will frame the letter of the week each week on our fridge.

Learn to trace the letter A from {Confessions of a Homeschooler} and {Free Printable Worksheets} and {Kids Learning Station}
Make and Alligator A like this one from {Totally Tots}

We'll be reading a lot of books about the alphabet that I checked out at the library.

I thought it was fun that the first week of July is also America's Birthday, so we'll be talking a lot about America as well: singing songs, learning about it, celebrating, etc.
Watch Aladdin
Eat Apples and Apricots, ABC soup, Animal Crackers, Applesauce, and Angel Food Cake.

Make an airplane like this one from {Parents}
I'm getting letters together to make an Alphabet Wall like this:
So we'll put up the letter A to begin it.

Do {Fun A Things} like make an Ant, a handprint Alligator, a handprint Apple Tree, stained glass Apples, or even more ideas from {Diapers to Diplomas}

Color Alphabet pages and Letter A pages posted about {here} and also from {Free Printable Coloring Pages}.
And we'll finish the week off with a visit to the local Airplane Museum.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails