...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, September 19, 2011

DIY Wood Cuttingboards

Since seeing a few choice pictures from Potterybarn like the one above, I've been on the hunt for some vintage wood cutting boards.  Do you see those super cute round ones on top of this hutch?  I think they are the perfect accessory for a tuscan inspired kitchen, regardless of shape or size! 
Enter: this awesome idea from Centsational Girl.
She made her own. 
Went to a reclaimed wood shop, got some old wood. 
made a "cutting board" shape and traced it. 
Cut it and sanded it down.
Then, oiled it up with mineral oil.
I think I might have made them a bit thinner, and rounded the edges a little....and I might have done a round shape.  But, I guess I can, now that she put this awesome idea out there!!  Thanks,{Centsational Girl}!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails