...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Flower Flag

The moment I saw this potterybarn image, posted about {here}, I fell in love with that carnation flag decoration!
So much so that I immediately began my plans for recreating it.  It looked simple enough, and boy was it ever! 
All it took was a shallow rectangle basket, a foam board, and a bunch of patriotic carnations. 
I just stuck em into the board in the pattern of a flag. 
Oh, and I guess I used some small white flowers as stars.  Those are hot glued onto the blue carnations. 
All in all, I'm super happy with it! 
I used fake flowers so I could pull it out year after year, but I'm sure it's even more stunning with real carnations!

1 comment:

Aura said...

Lovely Brittany! and it would really nice as a centerpiece. I like easy and quick and this one qualifies. Happy 4th of July to you and your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails