...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, June 20, 2011

Wizard of Oz Party

Who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz and it's sentiment that There's No Place Like Home?
I love what Dorothy says:
"...I think that...if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard." 
What great advice!  So, here are some fun Wizard of Oz party ideas I've been collecting.
Here's one of my favorite decoration ideas: apple tree centerpieces.  The bright red is perfect for the theme, and of course, so are the apples.  I also think baskets are a MUST for an Oz party. 
I love the use of blue gingham as a decoration as well.  For this party, just stick to the primary colors: red, yellow, and blue. So cute!  Love the big red bows, too! 
Another creative use of blue gingham, red, and yellow. 
I love the blue gingham tablecloth in this one!  With the red trays and accents!  LOVE those yellow roses!!  And the baskets are a really cute touch here, too. 
If you have a ceiling to decorate, it might be fun to create a Somewhere Over the Rainbow effect like this.  You could use draped fabric, hang balloons from the ceiling, 
Hang party poofs from the ceiling, 
Or even string streamers from one side to the other in a rainbow pattern.
For treat ideas, this one's easy - just yellow cupcakes with cute gingham ribbon tied around.  I love the signs in them as well. 
Love this cookie idea!  They're yellow bricks!!  So cute! 
Here's one you don't have to make!  Just ding dongs - the witch is dead. :) 
Cute cake pops. 
You could shape food into hearts - a good theme from the movie.  Or use yellow food, like the macaroni and cheese shown above. 
I love it when food matches the theme in both color and meaning!  Also, totally love the use of baskets for trays and displays here.  It's so cute!!!
In addition to the apple tree centerpieces shown above, another idea is hot air balloons. 
If you don't want actual balloons, you could make paper mache ones like the gal at {Witticisms} did.  Her's turned out really cute, I think!  
{One Charming Party} has some GREAT game ideas, as well as some fun take home gift ideas like these certificates for completing the various games they played. 
 
I love those heart necklaces!!!  And the courage badges are cute as well. 
Plus, all the guests got to take their prizes home in one of these adorable baskets!!
Another activity idea might be to make some Jam, like Auntie Em's Berry Jam.  Then, the guests could take those home. 
And of course it would be adorable to give everyone ruby slippers to wear during the party!  Or it might be a really fun to make them as an activity!!  You could even make ruby flip flops! ha! 
In addition to the links noted above, which you should definitely look at because they have EVEN MORE great ideas, I also found some of these ideas at {Design Dazzle} and {Kate Landers Events}

2 comments:

nikkiikkin said...

Great job pulling this party inspiration together!! I was researching for my daughters woodland fairy party theme but will be forwarding this one to my sister for my niece's bday. Love your site!

Dana said...

These are such cute idea!!! I pinned several photos and gave your blog credit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails