...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Play Mats

When I was a kid, my mom took some permanent markers to an old sheet and created a great little play mat town for cars to drive around on.  I've been planning on making something similar for my little guy sometime when he starts driving cars around - which I'm sure will be soon.
But, I just found something SO SO SO much better than the one my mom made.  Seriously, it's amazing.
{Girl and a Glue Gun} just madet his with felt.  The one my mom made was similar, just with markers...but this looks so much cuter and I love it!!  Check out the link for the tutorial, but she sewed a felt border around another pice of felt and attached ties, so it all ties shut.
Plus, I love how the "garage" can hold all the cars.
But what she did next is what made me fall in love with her. :)  She said her niece was playing with it like crazy, so she made a girl one!!  I've never seen a girl version even available to buy anywhere...so creative.
Complete with castle.
And instead of calling it a "garage" the pocket just had the girl's initials on it.
And this one folds up nicely, as well.  I mean, what a great birthday gift!!!
Check out {this} link for the girl tutorial.  LOVE IT!

3 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

I LOVE this. I'm heading to the store now to get the stuff to make it. But does hot glue really hold felt that well? I'm not opposed to sewing it, if that would be better. What do you think?

Brittany said...

I think you could totally sew it!! And yes, it probably would hold up a little better in the long run. It just might be hard to get thread to match all the different colors, if you care about that. :)

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

oh wow thanks for the shout out....Felt and hot glue are a match made in heaven actually....it's hard to rip it up if you put it in the wrong place!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails