...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Buckets



I just saw this GREAT idea on {My Mix of Six}.  She makes her kids summer buckets and sets them out on the last day of school.  She says:

"Towards the end of the school year as I'm getting excited for summer, the kids start getting a little sad that school is over. Now this makes ME sad because I want them to be as excited as I am for the summer. SOOOO I made these little summer buckets to have on the counter when they get home on the last day of school."

She fills them with swimming suits, candy, brochures of family trips they're going on that summer, flashlights for camping, flip flops, sunglasses, waterballoons, flyers for sports camps etc, stuff from the dollar store...really anything.  And then she and her husband write in a card to each child.  She says:

"My favorite part of this is their letter to each of them about their school year. Both Stephen and I write in the cards. We try to highlight some of their strengths in their various subjects or field trips that we went on this year. It just lets them know how proud we are of them."

Such a cute idea!  Definitely going to have to try this someday.

2 comments:

Amy said...

so sweet! what a great mom!

Bridgette said...

I love that idea. Those kind of things make good memories for kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails