1. In this first room, warm colors - the reds and oranges - are hardly present. Where they are in the room, they are muted. But you still feel a warmth when looking at this space. It comes from the wooden furniture, the lanterns and other candles, and the throw tossed casually across the sofa. This room evokes warmth by making one feel at ease - like they are at home. It's very comfortable.
17. And lastly, here is another room full of that tangerine color. Love the sea grass shades on the windows. Very beachy and warm feeling. Those drapes are so dramatic and are bringing so much color into this room. That large floral arrangement on the mantle is full of autumnal flowers and reeds and adds a lot of coziness. And all the accessories in this space are full of those warm colors.
So, to recap - if you want to bring warmth into your space, here are some guidelines:
1. The quickest way to change the feeling in a room is to paint the walls in a warm color.
2. If you don't want to change the walls, add in furniture or accessories in those warm fall colors, but remember that a little goes a long way.
3. If you don't want to go that bright, still use those colors, just in muted form.
4. Add handmade looking items.
5. Wood always brings warmth into a space.
6. Rugs make spaces feel grounded and cozy.
7. Autumn inspired floral arrangements bring the space instant cozy feelings.
8. Candles spread warmth everywhere they go whether they're lit or not.
9. Mixing up the furniture - instead of getting everything matchy matchy - makes the room feel more like home.