...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Sweater Refashion

Recently, I bought this sweater at Old Navy. I got it in grey, though, and for some reason, I can't find it pictured in that color. It's cute, but I wanted to change a few things about it.

So, I got it in a larger size, then I took about two inches out of each shoulder seam. I just left the sleeves at the same size, but gathered the cap of the sleeves so they'd fit back into the smaller shoulder hole. I did this so they'd be a little puffed, because I like it when sleeves fit that way.

With the fabric I cut out of the side seams, I made these little roses.


It was really easy. I just hand sewed them to felt fabric in a spiral pattern starting in the middle and working out. Then, I hot glued another piece of felt on top of the stitched felt and sewed on a pin.
That's right, they're pins. I can wear them on any shirt. And I love them. I love the whole thing!
I think I might make a ton of other pins just like this with other fabric and ribbons...They would be cute gifts, too, don't you think?
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

A Life More Fabulous said...

Very clever - this looks lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails