...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Petal Shirt

I adore this shirt the girl at {The Pleated Poppy} came up with. Check out that link for the detailed tutorial.

She had a shirt got some jersey fabric. Then, she cut random sized circles out of the fabric like so:

She used a needle and thread to sew a pleat into the middle of the circles:and then attatch them to the shirt:

And she ended up with this:


But she wanted it to lay more flat, so she used her sewing machine to go over the petals in a random swirly pattern until she liked what she saw:

Don't you love it!! I'm totally going to do this.

1 comment:

Deanne Castro said...

Great post!

Please check out my blog, I would love to hear what you think of my latest post!

xo
Deanne

MyFashAvenue.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails