...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Reward Points System

For a long time I've been trying to come up with ways to reward kids for doing good things around the house without paying them. I guess I just believe chores should be expected of children...they were always expected of me. However, I think it's important for children to learn how to use a currency, so I've struggled with the delema of how to give children "money" without teaching them that all the things they do around the house have a price associated with them. Well, {The Idea Room} had this great idea that I think I may implement someday when my kids are old enough to understand it. :)
She's come up with a Rewards Points System where she gives them cards with different rewards or points on them when they do something good, or they do their chore chearfully or quickly or really well or something. The rewards are things like 5 more minutes before bedtime, 20 mintues of TV, 30 mintues of computer time, etc. The points, are used at the Family Store that is brought out once a week...like maybe during {Family Night} would be a good time...
They can use their points like currency to pick out items from this store. I really love this idea. She has a lot of great ones. Check out {The Idea Room} for a more detailed description of her Rewards Points System.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails