...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Friday, June 19, 2009

My Nursery Update

We've made some changes to our nursery. Starting with the wall above Jason's crib. You may recall it looking like this:
A little lonely, if you ask me. So we added a shelf which I found at my favorite store, TJ Maxx. I had the airplanes, and the bear already so they were ready to find a home on top of it. I found some blocks and painted them to match the room. I love them! And then saw this little canister for $2. I love the way it turned out. And my airplanes found a home as well. I'm putting some of the things I've made on {my etsy shop}, if you're interested.
So, remember this crib. Our wonderful brother gave it to us, and we love it! It used to be a light honey color, but I always imagined my nursery with deep brown furniture. So, while I was 8-9 months prego, I spent my days out in the back yard sanding that finish off, so we could refinish it in this espresso color. It was hard work, but it was a labor of love and we LOVE the way it turned out!!
We finished it the day before our son was born. And since the crib HAD to be finished because it was all he had to sleep in, this changing table/dresser was put on the back burner. My husband decided he was going to build us one when we couldn't find anything in our budget that would fit in our tiny nursery. (notice how close the rocker/recliner, dresser, and crib are to each other.) He has spent almost all of his free time on it in the past 9 months (which he obviously does not have a lot of since he's in college full time AND working full time - what a guy!) and has finally finished it!!
We stained it to match the crib and I LOVE the way it turned out, don't you?? Oh, he did such a good job. I think he could sell these things, if he had time to work on them.
He did such a good job and it was really fun because we were able to design it to be exactly how we wanted. I love the trim. I love the cubbies for those cute baskets. I love the shelf.
I love the trim on the bottom of the hutch. I love the drawers.
And the feet are cute, too. My husband thinks they make the whole piece.
Way to go, babe. It looks awesome! I couldn't have asked for anything more. It's fun to be almost finished with this room. I just have to hang up a few pictures and we're done! Yeay!

1 comment:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

So cute! I love the dark wood furniture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails