...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

American Inspiration

Since we're nearing my favorite holiday, I've been looking for some inspiration... I'm a little obsessed with our Country. I think it's great. I love the colors. I love celebrating it! It's such a fun holiday. I once went into a basement that was decorated in American paraphernalia and I absolutely LOVED it! Someday, I might do the same thing. Why only bring these things out on the 4th?? Anyway, here are some things I want to do.

It might be fun to make a {bunting} with patriotic colors like this one from {Daisy's and Dots}.


{A Touch of Sunshine} has these cute pieces for sale on Etsy. I really like them. I might want them in some brighter colors, though. They're a little too antiqued for me.

This top hat is really cute, though.

And for some reason, I LOVE stars during the 4th of July. I love these!!


I really like the look of this sign and especially those stars, of course, from {Suzies Signs}. Although, again, it may be a little too antique for my taste.

VERY cute, though!

{Country Living} has a simple tutorial for how to make these Carnation Balls. I think they look so pretty and summery!! You just soak floral foam and cut carnations an inch below the calyx, then stuff them into the ball in a concentric pattern. Easy, and SO CUTE!

It seems like it would be pretty easy to make them with fake flowers too, so they'd last.

I always make a fruit pizza in the image of an American flag on the 4th of July, but {Diana's Desserts} had this really pretty idea.

Don't they look good?? I think it would be fun to make those cupcakes with red velvet cake mix for the 4th. I love the berries, though!

I saw this lovely scene on {Banquet Event}

Radio Flyers are as American as they get. I love that they're using it as a serving tray of sorts.

That pillow is so cute! I love using fabrics that have the American colors, but don't have all the fireworks and stars all over them.

It just makes me want to Celebrate the 4th, as it says.

2 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday too! I love what it stand for because I too love this country and I love that it's in the middle of summer and all the fun things that go along with it.

Jacey said...

such cute ideas- only a few weeks late to help give me ideas for my activity on the 9th! haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails