...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grab & Go Baby Essentials

So, right before I had my baby I did all this research to find the perfect diaper bag that didn't look like a diaper bag. I wanted one that looked like a cute purse, and those are hard to come by unless you're willing to spend the big bucks, which I am not. I ended up finding a really good one at Walmart.com for only $18 with free site2store shipping...I LOVE that they do that and I wish every store would! It was such a find! I was so happy. I just tried to find it, but they must not have it anymore because it wasn't there... But I did find this one...
Hmm...it's pretty cute, and my dilema has been that my diaper bag doesn't really go when I'm wearing black... This one's $35. I may have to look into it, but anyway...

I'm beginning to realize that all I really needed was something like this from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child
It all folds up into the changing pad. They have several versions of these at any BabiesRUs store as well.
Or something like these little gems I saw on {With a Little Extra Time}. Jaclyn made these and did a very good job, and tells us where she got directions as well...so nice of her!
A diaper/wipes case and

a grab and go baby essential kit.
I might make this baby essentials kit out of fabric, much like this {take along placemat} I posted about a while back, but just have the pockets go all the way across...cute fabric would be more fun I think. Then, I could be set with any bag and it would be easy to switch bags as I often want to do. I'm really glad I didn't spend much on my diaper bag, or I'd be kind of regretting it right about now. The only thing I'd add is to put a changing mat inside of that diaper/wipe bag. Boppy makes little ones that would fold and fit in there pretty easily. Then, I'd just have to switch these two pouches from one bag to the next and I'd be set ...almost. I still need burp rags around. Someone also gave me a good idea of just keeping an extra set of clothes in the car. Then you don't have to carry them in the bag with you. I'm not saying I'm going to stop using that diaper bag anytime soon. I just think this would work just as well as an actual diaper bag does. They're great ideas.

3 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

I have yet to find the perfect diaper bag/purse. I would like one that goes with both brown and black and that has a seperate little part for my things. So if you find it please let me know. :)

Jaclyn said...

Thanks for featuring me! :) I definitely love my diaper clutch. I carry it WAY more than I do my diaper bag now. Don't get me wrong, I wont go anywhere for an extended period of time without a fully stocked diaper bag... but fully stocked these days means full of toys instead of diapers. :) But seriously, the diaper clutch is so convenient for grocery shopping or errands. You should definitely make one!

P.S. I LOVE your quiet book pages! I sure wish we could just work together...

The Viehweg's said...

In the begining Josh was home with Keegs as much as I was and so he told me the diaper bag had to be "manly" so we ended up with a Mountain Smith lumbar pack from REI. Not super cute or girly by anymeans but very functional. I also had a seatbelt diaper bag made to match my purse, for the occasions taht I wanted to have something cuter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails