...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nursery Shelf

As I finished decorating my son's nursery last year, I kept coming back to these pictures for nic nac ideas and placement inspiration. I really like what all of these shelves have on them.
This one from Project Nursery is probably my favorite. I love those suit cases, as I've already mentioned, and the little blocks are adorable.
Potterybarn has some winners too, as usual.
I like the use of different frames and both chrome and ceramic nic nacs.
I like the frames and the different containers. I also like the teddy bears.
I incorporated blocks and stuffed animals into my shelf, as well as the use of different materials. In my case I juxtaposed ceramic and wood together.
I got the airplanes at a craft store for a dollar each. The ceramic canister also came from a craft store for 2 dollars. I already had the teddy bear, and the blocks I bought in primary colors - like they usually come for 2 dollars for the set. I just painted over those bright colors so they would match my son's room. I sell these blocks in my Etsy store (on the left) and I can paint them any color you want!
And it all looks great together!
Happy Decorating!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Shelves are a must in a baby's room! And you are right about the fancy party. I'm afraid we have a hidiously adorable picture of eachother in our fancy party dresses!

Amy said...

too cute!

cory chewning said...

Love the blocks- can't find them on etsy! Can you email me the info? Thanks!
corscors@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails