...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, April 27, 2009

Outdoor Blanket

{Design Sponge} shows us how to make a double sided blanket - great for taking out doors. One side is flannel, one side is vinyl. Great idea!

I've been collecting worn out jeans over the years to make an outdoor blanket out of them. I figure, jeans can go through anything and they're pretty durable. Plus I like the look of jean quilts. I think it would be fun for a picnic...Anyway, I plan on just making a rag blanket out of them...we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Anthony's mom made a double-sided blanket out of old jeans and fabric. It was so awesome! I loved it and somehow it has disappeared. So I'm going to make another one. They are great for outdoor picnics and camping.

Jacey said...

I must have skipped reading this post- but Nikki has made 3+ levi quilts. I have a big and love to use it outside, it's so big and warm. The only down side is cutting all the levi squares- bliseters, sore fingers!! And I didn't even do that much- I felt bad for all that Nikki did, she's wonder woman!

Brittany said...

Yeah, now that I'm finally done, I don't know if I'll ever make another one...Cutting jeans is so hard and sewing them together is really hard too. And then, I decided to make a rag one and had to cut all the seams...that might not have been the best idea, but I didn't want to have to quilt it...that would have hurt even more, I think - to push that needle through with my fingers...

Related Posts with Thumbnails