...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fabric Toys

I've been wanting to make some balls and cubes like these that I found at {Restoration Hardware Baby and Child}. The square looks easy enough, just some fabric squares sewn together into a cube, but the ball looks tricky. I didn't know exactly how to go about doing it. Well, The Purl Bee just added {photo galleries} to their blog, which I totally looked at - a lot of great ideas, by the way... And I came across this tutorial for making {fabric beach balls}. They are so cute! Exactly what I was looking for. They have templates you can download and everything. Thank you, Purl Bee!! I plan on putting some kind of jingle bell inside them so they make a sound when shaken. Now, if I can just figure out where to find that cute plush fabric, I'm set.


Ok, I just came across this {cube tutorial}, and I guess it's not as easy as it looks to make one. This is a really good tutorial, but I'd just change the size...Thanks Moda Bake Shop!

4 comments:

The Viehweg's said...

I made balls for Jen out of the left over fabric from the blanket I also made. They really arn't that hard, but super fun.

Leserlee said...

Joanns.com or just the store. They have some really nice plush fabrics. Is there some sort of batting or something inside, or do they hold their shape all on their own?

Brittany said...

As far as I know, they just hold their shape. If you sew good lines and stuff them really well, they should stay in shape.

kamille said...

so cute! i made max a ball for christmas and it turned out okay...but the fabric was like a stretchy knit...if you used a non-stretchy fabric it'd work great (i just only had stretchy on hand so i decided to try it knowing it wouldn't work very well). good luck with the project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails