...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, March 23, 2009

Finished Nursery Letters

To see the origin of this post, click {here}.
Well, I've had these up on the wall for a long time, but our paint needs to be touched up, so I've been waiting to post this finished product. But, I don't know when I'm going to get around to it, and these pictures are pretty good, so here they are! To hang them on the wall, we found out that they sell those teeth (that are on the back of a lot of picture frames) in a package with 1/2 inch nails included. These worked perfectly, but our letters are 3/4 inch thick. If you got thinner letters, I don't know what you'd do. So, my husband put the teeth on the backs of all the letters. He first stuck a tack in where he wanted the nail to go and then nailed them on. He did this because I was so worried about those nails ruining the front of the letters. But they didn't. Some of them called for two teeth just so they'd hang level. And then he hung them on the wall. This was by far the hardest part of the whole project! He ended up drawing a line on the wall and then measured how far down the teeth were from the top of the letter. Then he put nails in the wall the same distance below the line so they'd all hang in a straight line. It would totally be easier to hang the letters at different levels, but for some reason I wanted them straight. Sorry hun! If I were to do it again, I'd trace the letters on a piece of paper, mark where the nails went, tape the paper to the wall, and nail through the paper. Then just take the paper off the wall. That would have been WAY easier!! But, we did it the hard way. And I think they look awesome. However, they do look a little bare on the wall all by themselves. I'm trying to decide if I should put a shelf below them with little boy things on it, or if I should hang pictures around it. Don't know what to do. But, I'm sure I'll come up with something! Next time I have a baby, I'm really going to try to get all this nursery stuff done ahead of time! It's way easier before they come...

1 comment:

Jacey said...

It turned out so good. I love the all lower case look, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails