...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bookshelf

I found some bookshelves that stack the books so the cover is facing out and I think that's a great idea for little kids. Then, they can see what each book is and stacking doesn't have to be so precise. This put me on the lookout for bookshelves like these. I found this one at Land of Nod for a pretty reasonable price:
Walmart sells this taller one that I thought would be more practical because it would hold more books:

As I browsed the Walmart site, I found this one:

I love the idea of storing books in canvas! It got me thinking that I should make a bookshelf with canvas fabric and a wooden ladder. I'd use neutral canvas, and sew fabric to hang as swags between the ladder rungs. Easy to make, the books are front facing, and it's a soft and quiet solution for storing books. Future project!

3 comments:

Sam and Carmin said...

Wow Brittany! These ideas are great. I'm going to keep up with the creations you come up with. I am a copier more than a creator, so hope you don't mind if I steal some of your ideas! Carmin

Brittany said...

Oh, I totally copy ideas, too. It's rare that I come up with something creative all on my own.

Dionne said...

Hi Brittany - you do have great ideas! And I am in decorating mode these days. I love looking at ideas that are simple to look at and are possible on a budget. Thanks for setting this site up - I'll keep checking it. By the way, do you have any bathroom ideas:) ??

Related Posts with Thumbnails