...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Nursery Letters continued...

To see the origin of this post, click {here}.
Ok, so I ordered the letters in MDF because I knew I was going to paint them and MDF was the cheapest wood. They make you pay for all the letters in the size of the tallest letter - so like the J is taller than all the other ones in Jason's name. But I didn't want to pay for 4 tall letters when they were all the same shorter height so I ordered an 8" J and 5" everything else to save some money. I think I could have ordered them even smaller, but I just didn't know. I honestly went by what Potterybarn Kid's letter sizes are. I love the font I found : Clarendon Medium because I wanted the little balls on the edges of the letters. They're SO cute!! They got here and they looked like this. And then I just painted them white with trim paint for our house - yes I did - and a sponge brush trying to make as little brush strokes as possible. They look great! Now I just have to figure out how to hang them on the wall... I'm thinking velcro...or ribbons from hooks. Any ideas?
PS: yes, I got an upper AND lower case "J" and I still don't know which one I'm using. :)
To be continued again...

2 comments:

Jacey said...

I love the font as well. And I love the lower case j - but the upper case is classic. GOOD LUCK with the project!! I have a friend that put her daughters name on the wall abover the crib and it turned out so cute. I have no idea what she used to get the letters to stay though, sorry.

Jaclyn said...

I hung Bree's letters with cute ribbon that matches her bedding colors. I just used tiny tacks to pin the ribbon to the back of the letters and then I tied the ribbon in a bow up top and hung the bow on a nail. I love it! You could totally do velcro, but you'd have to make sure you got strong enough stuff to hold the weight of the wood. A friend of mine used velcro, but hers wasn't strong enough and her letters kept falling off the wall. Take a picture when they're hung-- I'd love to see!

Related Posts with Thumbnails