...because sometimes all you need is a little inspiration...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finished Nursery Curtains

To see the origin of this post, click HERE.

They're done and I LOVE them! I could not be more proud. Funny how accomplishing a little project makes you so happy. :) So, here is what his crib bedding looks like. So this is what I was trying to match. I totally used the tutorial I found to get the measurements right. I made it almost twice as long as the window. I also followed the tutorial in stitching the bottom border - except I didn't do a blind hem stitch because the bedding has a top stitch, so I wanted it to match, and it's easier. :) The bumper has a little strip of pokadots at the top of it, so I decided to incorporate that into the valance I made. It's how I stitched the striped fabric to the liner - which was just some light blue fabric I had lying around. And then I made tabs and topstitched them so they'd have that cute white threaded border, and stitched them to the back of the pokadot strip at the top. I used that button idea I found to sew the tabs onto the front of the valance - using embroidery floss. They don't unbotton, but I figured I'd never want to do that anyway. Then I just got my hubby to mount this curtain rod, and up they went. They look cute, don't they? I think curtains bring so much charm into a room.

3 comments:

kamille said...

darling! well done.

Sam and Carmin said...

Beautiful job, Brittany! You inspire me to decorate our nursery a little more.

Jenni said...

I love how you copied that tab curtain picture. Your valance turned out beautifully. I bought fabric to make some for my daughter's nursery, and I'm browsing around the internet looking for inspiration. I think I'm going to try this idea. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails